SITE IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT!
Joule Products is a privately owned, New Zealand based company, specialising in the Design, and Manufacture of Electrical Switchboards for the Commercial, Residential and Industrial markets. Joule Products has been operating since 1973 (Over 45 years experience in the Switchboard Manufacturing business).
Business has been centered around the Building and construction market for Electrical Distribution and Electrical for mechanical (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning) switchboards.
Joule Products have been involved with many Industrial projects for Pump stations, Motor Control Centres, and Switchboard design.
As a leading manufacturer and supplier of Industrial and Commercial Switchgear and Control Panels to the Electrical Industry. Joule Products has made Quality and Service the basis on which to form a growing and lasting relationship between the company and its customers. This commitment to customer satisfaction and quality has earned Joule Products an excellent reputation in the commercial and industrial construction areas for quality products and reliable service.
Joule Products is committed to growth and customer satisfaction, which is brought about by our ability to listen to our customer needs, and requirements and to remain flexible no matter how small or large the project may be.
- Electrical Switchboards
- Main Switchboards
- Distribution Boards
- Mechanical Services Switchboards
- Motor Control/Pump Station Control Panels
- PLC and Control Panels
- Design and Build Projects
A Selection of projects Completed:
- 20 Customhouse Quay – Electrical and Electrical for Mechanical Distribution boards
- VUW – Gateway building – Electrical for mechanical switchboards
- Wellington International Airport – Carpark Building – MSB & Distribution boards
- 56 The Terrace – Distribution boards and upgrades
- Waikanae Water Treatment Plant – MSB and Motor Control Centre, PLC Control Panels and Distribution Boards
- #1 Market Lane – One Market Lane Main Switchboard/Sub boards and Distribution boards, including Mechanical Services Motor Control Centres.
- 170 Featherston St – ANZ – New main Switchboard/Distribution boards
- Flight Plastics – Gracefield – MSB Replacement
- Ericsson Ducting Plant – Porirua – MSB & Distribution boards
- Countdown Tawa – MSB & Distribution boards
- New World Tawa – MSB and Distribution boards
- ASB Sports Centre Wellington – MSB and Distribution Boards
- Harbour Quays Building – MSB and Distribution Boards
- Rutherford House – VUW – MSB & MSB Extension
- Clyde Quay Wharf – (clydequaywharf.co.nz/) Main Switchboard and DB’s
- Normanton(Australia) Pump station and MSB
- Bowen Hospital Stage 1&2 – Main and Distribution switchboards
- Customhouse – D4 – Main and Distribution switchboards
- Wellington Hospital – Mechanical Services Switchboards.
- Vogel Integrated Campus – Main Switchboard, Distribution switchboards
- Hutt Hospital – New Main switchboards – 3 x 1600A Supply
- Bowen Hospital – MSB – 2500A, Floor Distribution boards
- Mainfreight Wellington Depot – MSB
- HVWS – General Services Board – 1600A – SCO
- Capacity – Various Water and Wastewater Pump Stations –
- Chews Lane & Victoria St – Apartments – MSB’s and Distribution boards
- Reserve Bank – Main Switchboard Replacement
- Opahu Stream Flood Protection Station
- Korokoro pump station
- Tacy St – Flood protection pump station
- Townsend Road Pump station and MSB
- 10 Customhouse Quay – Maritime Tower – Main Switchboard and Distribution boards
- Lincolnshire Pump Station – Main Switchboard and Motor control Centre
- Wellington International Airport – Distribution Switchboards
- Westfield Queensgate – MSB’s and Distribution boards.
Joule Products is an accredited CUBIC Switchboard Builder, able to build type tested switchboards with the following specifications:
CUBIC is a fully type tested modular switchboard system, according to IEC 60439-
Floor standing or wall mounted, Main Switchboards (PDC), Distribution Boards (DB),
Motor Control Centres(MCC), Power factor correction, control PLC panels, General control panels and boxes
Fully modular design, Enclosure and type tested busbar system, Fast and easy to assemble –
Form 1 up to Form 4 b according to AS/NZS3439-
Main bus bar capacity up to 7000A, Rated short time withstand current (Icw) 120kA/1s or 50kA/3s
Rated peak withstand current (Ipk) up to 264kA, Rated insulation voltage up to 1000VAC
Rated operational voltage up to 1000VAC, Rated impulse voltage 8kV Rated frequency 50-
Type Tested design:
Arc fault containment to AS/NZS 3439.1-
Type tested cells for motor starter type 2 coordination applications, Type Tested Flexible Busbar
Modular box and frame types, Standard degree of protection –
Internal separation from 1 to 4b, Mounting types : fixed, plug-
Materials: mild steel, stainless, aluminum and insulating materials